Alexander Brown is a Managing Criminal Defense Attorney and Supporting Immigration Attorney who recently joined the Maria Jones Law Firm in 2018. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Brown practiced Criminal Defense, Immigration, and Family Law in Phoenix, Arizona. He represented a wide range of clients, including people detained in the county jails and immigration.
Alex has appeared in hundreds of separate court hearings. Before joining the firm, Alex worked as a prosecutor in the Cities of Avondale, Tolleson, and Buckeye. He also worked at various criminal defense firms in the Valley and even had his own private practice, representing families all over Arizona.
As the son of a Panamanian immigrant, Alex worked hard to earn the American Dream that his parents worked hard to achieve.
Mr. Brown started his journey by serving his country in the United States Air Force, where he has honorably served 22 years, including multiple deployments overseas. While in the military, Alex attended Wayland University in Texas before being accepted and attending Law School at Arizona Summit Law School in Phoenix, Arizona.
The strong work ethic learned by this time in the Air Force, his strong values taught by his parents and his faith and love for his family are what drives Mr. Brown to serve our clients with passion and excellence.
- State Bar of Arizona admitted since May 2016
- Member of the DUI Defense Lawyers Association since 2018
Notable Cases Victories:
- Client was charged with 3 Felony counts for auto theft, all evidence very strong against Client who was facing 6 years of prison. Mr. Brown got it reduced to only 26 days of jail and a small fine.
- Client was caught on body camera by the police officer smoking Marijuana in his car. Case dismissed by Mr. Brown.
- Client, an Army Soldier, had 10 Felony counts, facing many years in prison and loss of military career. Mr. Brown reduced to 1 misdemeanor with 90 days of probation and a small fine.