Schedule a Free Consultation We Will Fight Tenaciously For Your Case

Phoenix Work Permit Lawyer

Sponsoring Your Fiancée to Join You in America

Many American citizens who are engaged to foreign nationals, are naturally desirous of having their fiancée join them in the U.S. in the months prior to the wedding. A K-1 visa is the perfect choice for engaged couples who wish to be together as they plan their future.

A K-1 visa also gives the foreign fiancée a chance to acclimate to life in America. If things do not work out as planned, the fiancée has the option to return home during 90-day-period.

The Phoenix visa attorneys at Maria Jones Law Firm have a well-earned reputation, not just in Arizona, but around the world, for their professional assistance and streamlined processing of K-1 fiancée visas. The law firm has successfully helped men and women in all 50 states sponsor foreign-born fiancées to join them for the purpose of marriage from different parts of the globe.

Marriage Within 90 Days to Obtain Permanent Residence

Although a K-1 visa is a temporary non-immigrant visa, it does allow a foreign citizen fiancée to enter the U.S. for 90 days for the purpose of marriage. If you marry within 90 days of your intended spouse’s entry date into the country, then your spouse may adjust his or her status after the marriage to become a Green Card holder/Permanent Resident.

Applying for Employment Authorization

After your fiancée enters the country legally, he or she may apply to work in the United States. The Law Office of Maria Jones will gladly assist your fiancée with his/her Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.

If you do not go through with the wedding before the 90-day time limit, then the K-1 holder must return to his or her country of origin, immediately after the 90-day period. Unfortunately the K-1 visa cannot be extended.

Here are U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) application and eligibility requirements:

  • The Petitioner must be a United States Citizen
  • The Petitioner must file Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancée with the USCIS
  • The engaged couple intends to marry within 90 days of the alien fiancée’s entry into the country
  • Both man and woman are legally free to marry (any previous marriage was terminated by divorce, annulment or death)
  • You (the Petitioner) must have met your fiancée, in person, within two years of filing your petition (a waiver can be obtained if social customs or religious practices preclude a first meeting)

Non-Immigrant Child Visa (K-2)

If your fiancée has a child, then the child may enter the U.S. under a K-2 visa, if:

  • The child is under 21
  • The child is unmarried
  • The child’s name is listed on the Form I-129F Petition

We can help your fiancée fully prepare for the interview and will provide full consular support, as needed.

A Phoenix work permit lawyer at Maria Jones Law Firm can help you to petition for your fiancée to live and work in America. We provide full consular support. Call us at (602) 626-3296 to apply for a K-1 or K-2 fiancée visa today.

Llame Ahora Para Una Consulta Gratis Schedule a FREE Consultation En Español

Contact Maria Jones Law Firm Today

Schedule A Consultation
    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
      You entered an invalid number.
      Please select an option.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
    • Please make a selection.